Thursday 2 October 2014

Autumn Wishlist


I don't know whether it's because it's been so unseasonably warm, sunny and dry these past couple of weeks or so but I can't say I'm really thinking much of autumn at the moment. And this picture sums it up perfectly: credit where it's due, this photo was actually taken by my boyfriend when we took a day-trip to Kendal, near the Lake District in the North-West of England last weekend, on our walk up to Kendal Castle - a lovely day. But with the colder mornings creeping in, it will soon be upon us no matter how much we try to cling onto the last hope of summer, and I know I need more autumnal clothes before I get caught out!

I love anything yellow; my phone, a handbag, several dresses and even one of the walls of my bedroom are some shade of yellow, so autumn is the perfect excuse to liven up my wardrobe with the mustard variety. I'm actually shocked I don't already own a mustard yellow jumper, so I'm most definitely on the look-out for one, and this beauty from H&M seems to fit the bill..I just don't like buying online, I still much prefer to try before I buy, so I'll have to see if it's made its way into my local store.


Is it bad that I also love it in grey too? I'm not usually a fan of grey, but I think my opinion has changed..I'm sure my boyfriend will be pleased! 

Keeping on the yellow theme..I'm just gutted I missed out on this when it first hit stores! If you haven't guessed already, it's the gorgeous wool mini skirt from Marks & Spencer. I've seen many women of various ages wearing it and I bloody love it! (And it's most definitely more of a yellow-lime rather than a green-lime.) I just hope it comes back into stock either online or instore, as I've got to try the red one and it's just perfect to team with some black opaque tights and a cosy black jumper over the top of a shirt..just as it's styled on the website actually, ha! Okay, so it's £25 which I wouldn't usually pay for a skirt, but for the quality and the wear I would get out of it, it's definitely worth the price tag.


Moving across to cosmetics: for as long as I can remember, I've used eyelash curlers as mine would just point downwards without that lift, and I've tried various brands throughout the years, but never the illustrious Shu Uemura offering. Lately, my bargain Primark pair just aren't cutting it anymore, especially as a couple of my lashes have disappeared from my right eye..hence why I want to try the Mavala Eye-Lite Double Lash Night Treatment to help with their growth, as they're growing back but they're taking a while. I've always suffered with shorter lashes, so I'm hoping this will help with that as well as building their strength. 

Keeping with the eye theme and I've had mine set on this L'Oreal Color Riche Mono Eyeshadow in 301 Escape in Bordeaux: the perfect autumn berry for the eyes by the looks of things, and I love to mix things up when it comes to colour on the eyes. I've also heard many mixed reviews about these eye shadows, and I'd love to give them a go as they sound almost creamy to apply, which is what I love as they tend to have less downfall.



What's on your Autumn Wishlist this year? Have you already got some of these products?


No comments:

Post a Comment