Thursday 3 April 2014

No7 Dark Circle Corrector Review

No matter what the age of a customer, one of their main concerns has always been dark circles and puffiness underneath the eyes. Usually, I would refer them straight to our under-eye Instant Radiance concealer. But now with No7 we don't just have a concealer for the job, there's a treatment that goes hand-in-hand for dealing with the problem.


No7's Dark Circle Corrector "instantly de-puffs, revitalises and brightens. Visibly reduces dark circles in just 2 weeks." The formula itself is made up of a yellow colour pigment which instantly counteracts against any darkness underneath the eyes, whereas a Vitamin C and Caffeine blend helps to stimulate the under-eye area to reduce and prevent the appearance of dark shadows, and peptides are present to stimulate collagen production to help improve the firmness of the skin around the eyes.


The packaging of this product allows for simple application to the eye area: I find the tri-ball applicator much easier to massage the product into the skin, rather than just a single ball (or none at all in the case of similar products on the market..), and has a lovely cooling sensation, great for first thing in the morning to instantly reduce any signs of puffiness, and to make you feel more alive! However, you do have to be careful with how much product you actually squeeze from the tube; the yellow pigment doesn't have a thick consistency like a traditional eye cream, neither is it completely runny like water - a little certainly goes a long way, otherwise you'll end up with yellow rings around your eyes instead(!) Not a great look..


I apply this product after going through my morning routine: cleanse, eye cream, moisturise. This is because this treatment is not in replacement for an eye cream, as it has little moisturising properties to it, and is rather an add-on to what your eye cream can do. As mentioned previously, the tri-ball allows for a smooth application onto the eye area; however, it does not fully massage the product into the skin, so I do go in with my ring finger to finish the job. I think this is due to the consistency of the product, and I don't find it a hassle because it is now a ground-in part of my routine. 

   (My under-eye area, before any Dark Circle Corrector is applied)

      (My under-eye area, after Dark Circle Corrector is applied)

I must say before we go any further, although it doesn't seem like there's much difference between the before and after pictures: 
1. I don't think the pictures quite do the product justice, I can instantly see a difference once I've applied it; 
2. The product, I find, is more of a colour calming primer for the eye area, so you can build on top of it, just like in the next photos.. 
I used my No7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream for Normal/Oily skin in the shade Fair, then Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer in the shade 1 - Fair, followed by Natural Collection's Pressed Powder in the shade Neutral, so you can see how minimal coverage has an effect on the finished look.

         (After Dark Circle Corrector plus BB Cream applied)

 (After Dark Circle Corrector plus BB Cream and concealer applied)

(After Dark Circle Corrector plus BB Cream, concealer and powder applied)

Overall, I am very happy with this product, both as an instant fix and a continuing treatment. Straight away, the Dark Circle Corrector neutralises any darkness around the eye area, reduces puffiness and creates a smooth, even base to build on top of. I must say, the results are even better when I use a heavier coverage foundation; the dark circles are barely visible, perfect for when I need to be most confident! I've been using this product now for just under two months and it took a while, but I have noticed a difference in the appearance of my darkness before anything is applied; because my skin is so fair, they really used to stand out with a harsh deep purple tinge, even when using a full coverage foundation. Whereas now, they are very well concealed once I've gone through my routine. With a price of £13.50, I would recommend this product to anyone who suffers with darkness and puffiness around the eye area, and wants not just a concealer to hide the problem, but an ongoing treatment to help ease the problem, especially as it is considerably cheaper than the next-best alternative on the market: Clinique's Even Better Eyes Dark Circle Corrector at the astonishing price of £29.00!

**Tomorrow, I'll be rounding off my mid-week No7 reviews with the new Pop & Glow Blush..I'm so excited, as the quality of No7 products just seems to be getting better and better!**

4 comments:

  1. As the premier services of scar removal and dark eye circle removal, White Rock Laser Clinic in Langley City, Canada is committed to deliver services to clients with desired results. We offer a cost-effective service that caters the needs of clients. The company’s aim is to offer outstanding level of service and care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful to this blog for assisting me. I added some specified clues which are really important for me to use them in my writing skill. Really helpful stuff made by this blog. เครื่องสำอางเกาหลี

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dark circles often develop when the skin under the eyes becomes thin and more transparent as a person naturally ages.If you want to know how to remove dark circles under eyes permanently.

    Dark circles treatment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog..! I really loved reading through this article. Thanks for sharing such a amazing post with us and keep blogging...
    under eye circle treatment
    under eye circle treatment
    botox treatment in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete